Monday, February 2, 2015

Welcome!

     Hello and welcome!  I am so excited you decided to drop by my blog today!  Today I’m just going to share a bit about myself. 

     I am the assistant manager at a beautiful apartment community.  I’m also working towards my master’s degree in marketing through Liberty University.  I have been married for almost 4 years to the most wonderful man.  We have a sweet dog, Bella, who is an absolute joy!  I am working on developing my own business, Simply by Susie.  I make homemade soy candles, sugar scrubs, and other handmade products.  I’ll share more about my business plans another day.  I have a so many ideas for developing my business that I can’t wait to share.  I know I will make mistakes along the way, but I will appreciate all I learn from them.  I plan to share everything on this blog, from my failures to my successes.  Too many people hide flaws.  I’m excited to openly share about my journey to develop myself as a wife, a business owner, a follower of Jesus, a friend, and a writer.  I have so many roles I fill in life that I’m excited to grow in each one of these. 

Here are a few things about me:

     I was born in PA but I’m all about southern charm!  I love southern accents, I firmly believe in thank you notes and hand written cards, I live on sweet tea, and smiling at strangers should be considered normal and be appreciated!  I love helping people.  I have come to the conclusion that the best part of life is when I give to people.  I want my life to be about giving to others and showing kindness to everyone in everything I do. 

     My perfect world would involve fresh flowers all the time, never-ending sweet tea, beautiful stationary, lots of candle making, weather that always allows me to wear dresses, sunshine all the time except for the occasional rainy day to be spent inside reading while in bed, endless walks with Austin and Bella, the ocean, chocolate, lots of time to spend with my family, having the opportunity to work from home, time to read all the books I want, dogs everywhere, showing kindness to strangers, and lots of pink. 

     I am slightly obsessed with office supplies and stationary.  I love to play board games.  Navy and white stripes are to die for!  Pinterest could quit possibly consume my life.  I love to bake!  I’m not the best cook in the world, but I have been working on improving that.  I collect teacups.  I really want to develop my skills as a hostess.  I love having people in my home and hospitality is so important to me.  I have so many goals and dreams.  I can’t wait to see how God uses all of these to complete His purpose for my life.


     Thanks again for checking out my blog!  I’m so excited to have you come along with me on this journey!  Feel free to introduce yourself below!  I love making new friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment